Investment in infrastructure sectors is still needed to support the development of Aceh. In this matter, it is important to involve private businesses in realizing the infrastructure development such as ports, airports, toll roads, gas pipelines, clean water, and other facilities with various cooperation schemes.
The development of Aceh’s Gas Pipeline
A gas pipeline development project has been developed from Lhokseumawe (Aceh) to North Sumatra for gas supply in the Belawan Industrial Estate and cities along the pipeline. Currently, there are about 10,000 households have been connected to the city gas system in the districts of North Aceh and East Aceh. The future pipeline infrastructure will be developed from Lhokseumawe – Banda Aceh – Meulaboh and the west coast of Aceh. Gas infrastructure development includes pipeline installation (construction of transmission pipelines), land acquisition and its accessories.
- The Arun – Belawan pipeline has a capacity of 300 MMSCFD and a length of 350 Kilometers with a total investment of USD 586.04 million.
- PT. Pertamina Gas (Pertagas) has gas allocation of 185 million Standard Cubic Feet Per Day (MMSCFD).
- Gas comes from the Arun LNG Storage and Regasification terminal had supply 120 MMSCFD of gas to PLN in 2015.
- In 2018 the facility supplied 197 MMSCFD to PT. PLN for operating a 240 MW Marine Power Plant (MVPP).
- After the Arun – Belawan gas pipeline was operational, PT. PERTAGAS has developed a 120 km gas pipeline to supply gas for the national industry in KIM to SEZ Sei Mangkei.
- The cost of Arun – Belawan gas pipeline is USD 2,53/MSC
City Train Urban Railway Construction
The inability of road capacity to match the growth of vehicle will result in congestion in urban areas, and fast growth of motorized vehicles. Total number of accidents in Banda Aceh and Aceh Besar district continue to increase, hence the existence of trains is critically needed and will become a new center of economic activity for the people around the city of Banda Aceh.
- Regulatory Support: Decree of the Minister of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia Number Kp 2128/2018 concerning the National Railway Master Plan (Urban Railway Development and Services covering the city of Banda Aceh), and Governor’s Regulation Number 58 of 2014 concerning the Aceh Railway Master Plan; The 52 km urban rail network in Banda Aceh city connects the city of Banda Aceh and Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport.
- The Aceh Transportation Office has completed the feasibility study of the Urban Railway for the Capital of the Province of Aceh and its surroundings.
Development and Management of Clean Water in Sawang, North Aceh
North Aceh is one of the industrial districts in Aceh, there are several strategic projects including PT. Perta Arun Gas, PT. Pupuk Iskandar Muda located in the Arun Lhokseumawe Special Economic Zone. The basic industrial needs such as clean water is a promising sector to be developed. PDAM (Regional Drinking Water Company) Tirta Mon Pase branch in North Aceh District, offers cooperation in the development and management of clean water for industrial needs in North Aceh District and the city of Lhokseumawe.
- In 2019, The Regional Drinking Water Company Tirta Mon Pase reached the production capacity of 15.137,280 M3, production volume 11.434.914 M3 and utilization up to 5.376.892 M3.
- Market Opportunity: total need of clean water in North Aceh Regency is 82,000 m3/day consisting of: PT. PIM: 40,000 M3/day PT. KKA: 35,000 M3/day PT. IMA Montaz: 6,500 M3/day PT. Pelindo 1: 350 M3/day PHE: 150 M3/day.
- Total Investment: Rp. 1,922,504 Billion, Construction Period: 3 Years, Operational Period: 30 Years